The first place team receives $100,000 to help fund their cleantech business.
Feedback from our Expert Judges
Receive feedback on your business ideas from our judges made up of investors, CEOs, and cleantech leaders.
Learn about the judging process
Compete in a regional competition
FLoW is the largest clean energy business challenge for students in the West.
Learn about FLoW
Meet key investors and venture capitalists
Gain exposure and make business connections at the regional finals competition.
Learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur
Gain access to leading entrepreneurship boot camps and training programs.
2013 Regional Awards Celebration
See the best of the West's young cleantech innovators on May 7, 2013 at the University of Southern California.
See FLoW's 2012 Innovators
$200,000 was awarded to university student led startups focused
on clean and renewable energy. More »
Panel of Judges
- Mohr Davidow
- Khosla Venture
- Kleiner Perkins
- Sierra Ventures
- CalCEF Clean Energy Angel Fund
- The Angeleno Group
- Southern California's Pasadena
and Tech Coast Angels
- Flagship Ventures
Apply, Win and Start Your Own Company!
- First Prize: $100,000 plus other cash awards
- Second Prize: $40,000 Third Prize: $20,000
- Transformational Idea Award Learn More
- Face Time with top cleantech investors
- Connect with the best mentors in clean energy
- Get incorporated with legal startup packages
- Compete in the Department of Energy's
National Competition in Washington D.C.
Submission deadline: February 10, 2013
Our First Year
100+ contestants, 83 teams, 34 universities and 12 states.